Pages

.


.


Gluten free baking, a journey in the new territory by Chris Rawstern

views the best pictures

Gluten-free foods are taking their place in the world these days. We are becoming more aware of the gluten intolerance to gluten, celiac disease (celiac), and what this means for many people. Although I am not gluten intolerant, often cooking and baking for functions, locally. Last year asked me that they provide little treats for a party Princess, by the Dacotah Prairie Museum. Accompanied by a Queen, were invited children from tots to teenagers, to learn about the lives of real princesses. Taught how wave correctly and curtsey.

Girls hear the Princess from the word and are dreamy eyes. The program is sold out. I've done a lot of goodies, but he discovered one of the Princesses and Queen were gluten intolerant and could not participate in many of the treats little. It was an intolerable situation. I needed to learn about this disease, be aware of what was involved and provide alternatives that would be exciting and tasty.

During the past year, I have state testing different gluten-free flour mixes and doing a lot of treats, mainly from my own normal recipes, simply substituting gluten-free flour and adding xanthan gum. In general, they have been a huge success. In my honest opinion, as someone who has been baking for 42 years, some cakes, fruit or nut breads are more moist and tender than when it is made with wheat flour, a very happy discovery, no doubt. The Queen mentioned above, works in the Museum, so I took an afternoon to talk to this young man and learn more about what was involved. Also had baked one of my favorite recipes for coffeecake, gluten-free and took for herself and the staff of the Museum prove. All of them loved it, moist and tender and full of flavor. The young woman was happy with my experiment, as I do.

Another great help on the road was Shauna Aherns Gluten-Free girl web site. I have extensively studied your website and learned all kinds of things there. You get confused with its blend of gluten-free flour to experiment as well try one of your recipes for bread; another success. I took some bread to the woman at the Museum to sample, as well as a piece of cover with cheese and pesto home and roast on the grill. He exclaimed, this is the best bread I have ever tasted since going gluten-free.

This coffeecake recipe was given to me by my best friend of 54 years and is an excellent recipe, no matter which meal you choose. This is the original, longer gluten-free recipe, substitute a mixture of gluten-free flour composed of 6 cups of rice flour and 2 cups of potato starch, starch tapioca 1 Cup. I used this mixture measure for measure in this recipe and added 1 teaspoon of paste xanthan gum to the sieved dry ingredients. Be sure to check labels for hidden wheat ingredients to make this Gluten-free.

Bundt Coffeecake

1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnuts; walnuts or Pecans are good
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar until light. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla and mix well. Cierna flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. Grease a 10-inch bundt or tube.

Mix the chopped Pecans, 2 teaspoons of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/2 of the roof into the greased pan. In the middle of the mass - this requires plopping teaspoons of batter into the Pan as the mixture is very thick. Then with gentle care to fill the gaps. Tapping the pan on the help desk. Pour over the rest of the cover and again plop tablespoons in the skillet until all the dough is used.

Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the Center comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Sprinkle sugar over the cake, if desired. It serves 12 to 16.

GLUTEN-free option: replace the flour with gluten-free flour mix preferred and add 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum. Mix and bake as directed. Bake at times is a little longer than normal, but the texture and moisture is so wonderful, I can't wait those few minutes more.
Try this recipe, in any way, and don't feel it is.

Thank you for taking the time to read my article. I hope it was informative and helped him along his own culinary journey. You'll find many more recipes and useful tips on my website. I'm on Facebook in a harmony of flavors and share a recipe or tip each day to the fans who liked my site. I hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment